This page has the procedures for requesting materials on:
- The Attributional Style Questionnaire (ASQ: for Adults): Note that this can only be administered in paper format, not online
- The Children’s Attributional Style Questionnaire (CASQ): Note that this can only be administered in paper format, not online
- The CAVE Technique (Content Analysis of Verbatim Explanations)
(For a complete list of Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman’s publications on these topics, see his Curriculum Vitae.)
To request permission to use these assessments for not-for-profit, research applications, please follow these procedures:
- Mail a letter describing your research and the purpose of your request to:
Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
University of Pennsylvania
3720 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Attn: ASQ, CASQ, or CAVE Request
- Include payment with your letter. This is a nominal fee to cover our costs.
- Within the U.S.: $ 10.00 for each assessment device
- Outside the U.S.: $ 20.00 for each assessment device
- Please send checks in U.S. dollars only, payable to "The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania"
- When we receive your letter and payment, we will mail you a packet that includes:
- The assessment device you requested
- The scoring key
- Selected articles on validity and reliability
- We are unable to send any materials by e-mail.