This page has the procedures for requesting materials on:
- The Attributional Style Questionnaire (ASQ: for Adults): Note that this can only be administered in paper format, not online
- The Children’s Attributional Style Questionnaire (CASQ): Note that this can only be administered in paper format, not online
- The CAVE Technique (Content Analysis of Verbatim Explanations)
To request permission to use these assessments for not-for-profit, research purposes, please follow these procedures:
1. Mail a letter describing your research and the purpose of your request to:
Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
University of Pennsylvania
3720 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Attn: ASQ, CASQ, or CAVE Request
NOTE: Be sure to include your email address in your letter, in case we have questions. Also, we might be able to send certain materials by email.
2. Include payment with your letter. This is a nominal fee to cover our costs.
- Within the U.S.: $ 10.00 for each type of assessment device
- Outside the U.S.: $ 20.00 for each type of assessment device
- Please send checks in U.S. dollars only, payable to "The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania"
3. When we receive your letter and payment, we will mail (or possibly email) you a packet that includes:
- The assessment device you requested
- The scoring key
- Selected articles on validity and reliability